Farmers’ Markets are by far the best bet when you want to purchase (or sell) fresh, flavorful, in-season produce. Some are open all week long, all year long, and others are weekend-only or summer-only operations.
Supporting local farmers’ markets doesn’t just get you tasty food, either. It also lets you give back to and sustain the local economy—something we desperately need to do these days. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy free samples, mingling with friendly vendors, and discovering new and delicious food and products?
- Union Square Greenmarket—open year round from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Location: 17th St. from Broadway to Park Ave., New York
- Park Slope Farmers’ Market—open year-round from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sundays
- Location: 5th Ave. and 4th St., Brooklyn
- Jackson Heights Greenmarket—open year-round from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Sundays
- Location: 34th Ave. at 77th St., Brooklyn
- New York City Wholesale Greenmarket—open March 31stthrough December, 2 a.m. until 8 a.m. on Tuesday through Saturday
- Location: 800 Food Center Drive, Bronx
- Saint George Greenmarket—open May 12 until November 17th, 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturdays
- Location: St Marks & Hyatt Streets, Staten Island