You know how they say, “it’s what’s inside that really counts”? Normally I’d have to agree, but after taking a look at one of the Gardenista team’s latest projects I realized that sometimes there are exceptions. Just take the impeccably wrapped holiday gift parcels that the team created; with their clever use of twine, winter plants and berries, bells and other garnishes, these lovely little packages are just as pretty on the outside as the gifts wrapped within.
Here are some ideas for upping your own gift-wrap game just in time for the holidays, a la Gardenista:
- Get creative! Find things around your apartment that evoke a rustic, refined feel. You can use gold washers, buttons, beads, and more to string along the twine or string that wraps your present.
- Think thrifty. The craft store, and even a dollar store could be your greatest resource for this project. Here you’ll find twine, tinsel, decorative flowers, and parchment paper on the cheap.
- Mix and match. Using a little ribbon here, and some dried berries there will make for really unique, pretty parcels.
- Think festive. Keep in mind that “Christmas Colors” – aka red and green – are complimentary to each other, which means that finding dried or fake leaves and berries that are festively colored will also be visually appealing.
- Seek out show-stopping supplies. The Gardenista team suggests White Birch Real Wood Veneer, Natural Sisal Twine, paper key tags, Burlap, golden holiday ribbon, green eucalyptus sprigs, and bright green tape for a modern look.
I hope you find these ideas as inspirational and unique as I did. I cant wait to fancily wrap a few holiday gifts for my friends and family this Christmas!